Do you ever think about your website’s search? Do you think how to improve you website’s search and the search results? Well, you can improve your site’s search by using Google Custom Search, as it improves the way search results are displayed and also allows you to customize your search results. Google Custom Search also allows you to boost your site’s income by displaying ads in your search results.
Most folks would be thinking “why would I want Google Custom Search when I already have a website search”. Well, to them I would say, there are many advantages of having Google Custom Search.
Also Read: Key Work Ethics Of A Logo Design Agency
The advantages are:
1. First of all, the ordinary website search won’t auto-correct your search queries. This means if the user enters a wrong search term or misspell the word, then your basic search engine won’t correct it but Google Custom Search would. (We all know about Google’s auto-correct functionality!)
2. The second reason would be that your basic search would display those posts on the top that were posted latest. (This may vary depending upon how your websites search is coded). But, Google Custom Search would display the most relevant search result on the top.
How to Add Google Custom Search on Your WordPress Blog?
Adding Google Custom Search to your WordPress blog is actually quite simple. I would break the tutorial down into many steps so that you can understand it easily.
The steps to add Google Custom Search are:
1. Go to google.com/cse this would take you to the Google Custom Search engine page from where you will be making a custom search for your website.
2. When you have opened the Google Custom Search page, you would see an ADD button. Click on it.
3. After clicking on the ADD button, you will be asked for your website URL (for which you are creating the custom search) and you would also have to give a name of your search engine.
4. After completing the above step, you will get a screen that would show you three options, to get the code, to visit search engine on the web or to customize the custom search. If you want to customize the search click on CONTROL PANEL otherwise click on the GET CODE option.
5. If you have clicked on the control panel, then you customize the custom search and then move on to the next step.
6. After you have done all the customization or if you have directly clicked on the get code option then you would get some code. copy that code.
7. After you have copied that code, you just have to login to your WordPress blog. Go to appearance->Widget. Under Widget, scroll down for the text option, paste the code that you have copied in the text option and that’s it! You have made a Google Custom Search for your website
Other advantages of Google Custom Search
Another advantage that you get by using Google Custom Search is that you can monetize your search engine. That means you can display ads in your search results. Whenever a user searches your website, they will see ads and you might make some money when they click on those ads. So this is one of the reasons because of which I find Google Custom Search better than the basic search that comes with the WordPress blog.
So, I hope that after reading this post you will use Google Custom Search for your website as you get a lot of benefit from it. Just give it a try to see the results and if you are facing any problem then I will be more than happy to solve them. Just leave a comment.